Thursday, October 06, 2005

Day Zero, 10:43am

I'm doing a "master cleanser" detox fast. The first real day is tomorrow. Today, I'll eat raw food only.

I was excited to find a wide variety of freshly prepared raw foods at a local health food store. I bought a slice of raw apple pie, and a couple of gorilla granola bars which together weigh about three pounds. The pie was my breakfast. It tasted like a combination of sawdust and diabetes medicine. I only ate half.

I woke with a headache and felt nauseous after breakfast, but that may have been due to my girl problems. Excellent timing, no? This will basically render my experiment useless. I have no control group. The nausea could also be attributed to the horror pie.

Since then, no complaints. I have a bagful of cut-up veggies, fruits, and raw nuts. I'm allowing myself green tea and will likely continue to do so throughout the fast. Also, advil. Probably not what they mean by "raw," but after some consideration I decided this point is non-negotiable.

Mood: 8
Physical health: 8
Hunger: 6

1 Comments:

Blogger michael said...

yay! keep it up, dawg! i got your back.

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home