Thursday, October 06, 2005

Day Zero, 9:01pm

Raw food day was mostly a success. I had this weird raw pizza thing for dinner that was not too shabby. It had spinach and broccoli and mushrooms inside, with a crust made from ground up chickpeas, cashews, and flax seeds, and a sundried tomato sauce. I'm still hungry, but at least I feel like I had a meal.

I'm tired. Have I mentioned how tired I am?

I'm a little nervous about tomorrow. I'm mostly concerned about two things: one, that my stomach will growl in one of my several first-impression meetings, and two, that I will be so lightheaded and fatigued that I will be unable to intellectualize. Or converse. Or keep drool inside of my mouth.

There's a small chance I may chicken out. I will allow myself this, since it's my first week on a new job and I don't want to be unreasonable. But if this happens, the fast begins after work. There will be a fast. Don't you worry.

My evening hope is to sleep through the night and not wake up with any horrible gastronomical disorders that involve being glued to the toilet for lengthy stretches of time.

Mental: Tipsy
Emotional: Tame
Physical: Tired
Hunger: Trying to accept the fact that it's only going to get worse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home